悉尼大学商学国贸双硕士毕业,现居澳洲,在澳学习生活15+年,从事教育咨询工作超过10年,澳洲政府注册教育顾问,上千成功升学转学签证案例,定期受邀亲自走访澳洲各类学校
您所在的位置: 首页> 新闻列表> 20个为你加分的常见英文习语.
1.In the nick of time: 紧要关头。
You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!
你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了主旨,我的老师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!
2.Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。
Brady's surprise party is going to be great if you don't let the cat out of the bag.
如果你先保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!
3.Let the chips fall where they may: 让某事发生,不管其是好是坏。
I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.
不管结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。
4.Lose your marbles:变得疯狂。
Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!
我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!
5.Once in a blue moon: 罕见的。
In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.
在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。
6.Plain as day: 显而易见的。
It's plain as day that you're in love with her, so just admit it.
显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。
7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。
I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!
我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!
8.Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。
Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.
杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。
9.Pull yourself together: 冷静下来;振作起来。
Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.
振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。
10.Sick and tired: 被打扰或困扰。
She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.
她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。
11.Sleep on it: 在做决定前先考虑一会。
Don't tell me whether you'll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.
今天先不要告诉我你会不会跟我一起搬去德州。先考虑一下,明天再回复我。
12.Snug as a bug in a rug:温暖舒适的;满足的。
That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.
那个小宝贝蜷缩在妈妈的身边,一副很舒服满足的样子。
13. Step up your game: 迎头赶上。
Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!
听着,珍。如果你想在芬奇老师的课上得全A,就得奋起直追。她可不是好糊弄的!
14.Stick your nose into something: 干涉。
Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.
莎伦经常干涉别人的事。
15.Straight from the horse's mouth: 来自最可靠的消息。
Listen to the news straight from the horse's mouth; we're all getting bonuses this week!
据最可靠的消息说,我们这周都会领到奖金啦!
16.Take it easy: 放松。
I know you're not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.
我知道你难受,今天试着放松一下吧。
17.Tip of the iceberg: 一个较大问题的显而易见的一小部分;冰山一角。
The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she's also smuggling contraband into the country.
卡莉和黑手党的人见面的事实只是冰山一角,她还参与向这个国家走私违禁品。
18.To not see the wood for the trees: 一叶障目;只看到细节而未注意到最重要的事实。
She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.
她总是在一些鸡毛蒜皮的事上不肯罢休;就像看不到最重要的部分一样。
19.Up a creek without a paddle:处于困境之中。
If you don't have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you're up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.
如果你没钱支付汽车的修理费的话,那就麻烦了,因为你休想要回你的车。
20.You rock!: 你真棒!
Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.
兄弟你真棒!谢谢你主动提出照顾我的蜥蜴一整周。
Amy GUO 经验: 16年 案例:4272 擅长:美国,澳洲,亚洲,欧洲
本网站(www.aoji.cn,刊载的所有内容,访问者可将本网站提供的内容或服务用于个人学习、研究或欣赏,以及其他非商业性或非盈利性用途,但同时应遵守著作权法及其他相关法律规定,不得侵犯本网站及相关权利人的合法权利。除此以外,将本网站任何内容或服务用于其他用途时,须征得本网站及相关权利人的书面许可,并支付报酬。
本网站内容原作者如不愿意在本网站刊登内容,请及时通知本站,予以删除。