帮助希望计划出国留学者实现他们的出国深造梦想
Student:Could you tell me some sentences that I can use in a phone call?You know my English is poor; I'm afraid I can't follow you.
你能跟我讲些打电话时有用的句子吗?你知道我英语不好,我怕自己听不懂。
Teacher:No problem. Basically, there are 3 situations in which people like you can't follow the foreign teacher. First, I may speak too fast, so you can't understand. In this case, you could say "You speak too fast; slow down, please."
没问题。基本上,在三种情况下,你可能会听不懂老师的话。第一种:我可能会说得太快,所以你听不懂。这种情况下,你可以说:“你说得有点儿快,请说慢点儿。”
Student:Wait a moment. I'll have to take down what you said.
等一下。我得把你说的记下来。
Teacher:Ok.
好的。
Student:What's the second point?
那第二点呢?
Teacher:The second is, maybe you can't hear me clearly. In this case, you could say "Excuse me; can you speak up, please?" or "I beg you pardon?"
第二种情况是也许你听不清我说的话。这时你可以说:“对不起,你能大点儿声吗?”或是:“请再说一遍好吗?”
Student:I see. What's the last point?
我知道了。那最后一点是什么?
Teacher:The last one is, you may miss or don't understand what I just said. In this case, you could say "I'm sorry; I don't understand what you're saying." Or simply "I don't get it."
最后一种情况是你可能没听到或是根本没听懂我说的话。在这种情况下,你可以说“不好意思,我不懂你说的是什么。”或者简单的一句“我听不懂。”
Student:Is there anything more?
还有别的吗?
Teacher:You'd better practice them bore you learn more.
你还是先把它们练好再说吧。
Student:Thanks. I've learned a lot today.
谢谢。今天我学了很多东西。
Teacher:My pleasure.
很荣幸。
Attention Please...特别提醒
[1] 打电话的时候会用到许多功能句,比如,“你能再说一遍吗?”或是“你能大点儿声吗?”等等。这里是几个例子:Slow down, please. 请说慢点儿。Look at the time. Shall we talk next time? 看看表吧。我们下次再聊好吗?I'm happy to hear from you again. 真高兴又听到你的声音。
[2] I'll have to take down what you said.
to take down sth. 是一个非常实用的短语,用在当你需要自己或帮别人记下一些对方有用的信息时。您还可以这样说:I'd like to take down your number. 我得记下你的号码。Please let me take this down. 请让我把这个记下来。