帮助希望计划出国留学者实现他们的出国深造梦想
Teacher:Hello.
你好。
Student:Hi, This is Ryan. Is this the phone-in line?
你好,我叫Ryan。是声讯台吗?
Teacher:Yes, may I help you?
是的,有什么可以帮你的?
Student:I'm calling to practice my English.
我打电话来想练练口语。
Teacher:No problem. I'm here to help. What do you want to talk about?
没问题。我随时准备帮忙。你想聊些什么?
Student:Can you tell me your name first?
能先告诉我你的名字吗?
Teacher:Sure. My name is Drew.
当然,我叫Drew。
Student:That's a good name. Does it have any special meaning?
名字不错啊。有什么特别含义吗?
Teacher:No, just a name.
没有,只是个名字而已。
Student:Are you American?
你是美国人吗?
Teacher:No. I'm from Canada.
不,我是加拿大人。
Student:That's a beautiful country.
加拿大很美。
Teacher:Yes, and it's big,too.
是的,也很大。
Student:How long have you stayed in China?
您来中国多久了?
Teacher:Almost 3 months.
快3个月了吧。
Student:How do you like China so far?
觉得中国怎么样?
Teacher:Well, it's good. Everything is dirt cheap. Especially DVDs and books, and there're lots of places to hang around.
太棒了,东西特别便宜,尤其是DVD和书,还有很多好玩儿的地方。
Student:What about Canada?
加拿大怎么样?
Teacher:Canada is very beautiful, but it's not as cheap as China, and the food is not as good. Chinese food is so good.
那儿很美,但东西有点儿贵,而且食物没有中国的好吃,中国饭菜太好吃了。
Student:I'm glad you like it.
很高兴你喜欢中国美食。
Teacher:I sure do.
当然。
Attention Please... 特别提醒
[1] I'm calling to practice my English. 我打电话来想练练口语。
I'm calling to...是打电话时常用的句型。我们来举几个例子:I'm calling to file a complaint. 我打电话投诉。I'm calling to book a ticket. 我打电话来订票。I'm calling to ask for some information. 我打电话询问一些情况。
[2] That's a good name.名字很好听。
适当地夸奖对方是继续交谈的诀窍。打电话时由于看不到对方。那就只能夸一夸对方的名字或者是国家了。
[3] How do you like China so far?你觉得中国怎么样?
How do you like...?表示你觉得……怎么样?so far 表示到目前为止。
[4] Everything is dirt cheap. 东西特别便宜。
dirt cheap并不是又脏又便宜,在这里dirt相当于very,表示“很、十分”。